There is always the possibility of an accident, no matter how much you enjoy riding a motorcycle. The injuries to a rider or passenger in a motorcycle accident can be severe. A collision between two vehicles might be referred to as a “fender bender”, but the riders of motorcycles rarely escape from hospital with serious injuries.
The experience and skill of the motorcycle lawyer you choose to represent you will determine how much compensation you receive from negligent drivers if you are hurt in a motorcycle accident. This article will help you make informed decisions and find an attorney who can get you maximum compensation for your injuries.
How to Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
To become an attorney isn’t an easy task. To practice law, applicants must pass the bar exam after graduation from law school. An investigation is conducted to verify that the applicant is honest and able to follow all rules. The process is completed and the applicant is admitted to the bar. This means that they are legally allowed to practice law in the state.
Students of law are allowed to represent victims in motorcycle accidents and defend those accused of crimes.The experience they have in handling specific cases is what sets certain attorneys apart. You can certainly take on a personal-injury case. However, if you have been seriously injured in an accident you need the attorney to be familiar with the courtroom and trial procedures. This is only possible because they have years of experience representing accident victims.
Before you hire a lawyer to represent your claim for damages resulting from a motorcycle accident, there are three things you need to consider.
- Location You may have seen or heard commercials promoting the services of motorcyclist accident lawyers. Advertisements for lawyers in other states or parts of the state are sometimes displayed. Out-of-state firms often refer cases to other law firms within the state. This leaves you little control over who your attorney is. If you choose an attorney in the same city or county as your case, it means that they will be familiar with local court procedures and the judges.
- General Practitioners Many lawyers and law offices function as general practices. They may handle personal injury, criminal defense and wills and estates. An attorney who only handles motorcycle cases will not have the same knowledge or trial skills as one who focuses exclusively on personal injury law. Ask questions to learn more about a lawyer’s work, including what percentage is dedicated to motorcycle law.
- Experience and good reputation: It takes some effort to find a motorcycle accident lawyer who is capable of achieving the best results. Asking the lawyer questions is only part of your search. You should also do your research online by looking at testimonials and reviews from as many sources possible.
Before you decide on an attorney to represent your claim, it is important to evaluate the qualifications of each one.
Seven Tips to Help Riders in an Accident with a Motorcycle
- For the accident report, give your account of events to law enforcement if possible.
- Talk to only one person at an accident scene. Never apologize to or admit fault to another driver.
- Seek medical attention immediately – this is not a situation where you want to fight it out. Your medical records will be vital evidence
- Do not repair your bike until you have consulted a motorcycle lawyer who can accurately document the damage. We may even send an accident reconstruction expert to examine the damage.
- If you are still standing after an accident, take photos of the damage to the other vehicle if possible.
- Most likely, you’ll have to pay out a lot of accident-related costs before your settlement. Keep all receipts so that we can calculate exact damages
- Don’t post anything about your accident on social media.
Reconstruction of Motorcycle Accidents
Our attorneys might work with accident reconstruction specialists who are experts in motorcycle physics. They can reconstruct the events of your motorcycle accident based on evidence, vehicle damage and witness testimony. Reconstruction is especially important in motorcycle cases where the downed rider cannot speak for themselves because they are taken from the scene by an ambulance. This leaves less-injured truck or car drivers on the scene to give their account of what happened. While many of our clients are charged with contributing to a crash, in many cases we can prove that the rider was innocent and not at fault.
How difficult is it to determine fault in motorcycle accident injury cases (100 uniqye)
Another unfortunate side effect of unclear liability for riders is that if fault is involved, the insurance company and client are more likely to bring a case to trial. You can avoid going to court by collecting evidence and negotiating with your insurance company using facts and hard truths.
In motorcycle accident cases, facts are not the only important things. Insurance companies care less about doing the right thing and more about minimizing the amount of claim payments made to injured riders.
They don’t have to settle for fair compensation when they own the narrative.
Insurance companies know that juries can be biased against motorcyclists because of the prejudices they have against them. If you refuse to settle for less than you are entitled and instead take your case to trial, you’ll likely face an unfriendly jury with negative preconceptions about “reckless bikers”.
Although there are many excellent car accident and truck injury attorneys, it is not possible for a regular lawyer to change the minds of jurors and judges like a motorcyclist. Based on our own experience, we know how to make you feel human.
We are a group of personal injury lawyers who represent the victims who have been injured in serious accidents on motorcycles. Many of our attorneys have experience as motorcyclists and are aware of the specific dangers and prejudices faced by every motorcyclist. We are aware of an increased risk of drivers driving ahead of motorcycles with no thinking about their safety. Sometimes, motorcycles appear to go unnoticed until an accident happens. In this year, thousands of Americans are likely to be injured through motorcycle accidents caused by another’s carelessness. Injuries from motorcycle accidents are serious and are a significant proportion of accidents that occur on the roads.
Involvement in brain injuries from serious accidents
A lot of victims require medical attention and may lose their job. Other victims will face financial difficulties since insurance companies do not pay for medical expenses and lost wages for the majority of motorcycle riders. Certain injuries are permanent and debilitating. For certain motorcycle accident victims, the health care and job prospects could be affected by trauma to the brain or close head injury.
If you’re a passenger or a driver of a motorcycle We can assist you to obtain full compensation for personal injuries. Our lawyers have for years successfully dealt with claims arising from motorcycle accidents and secured hundreds of thousands of dollars on behalf of our clients. The firm has access top experts in the field of motorcycle accidents to prove your claim for injury.. Knowing what you should do on the spot and following the incident can make all the impact and significantly increase the likelihood of a financial recovery. In the event that you are or someone who you know was injured in a motorcycle crash We also provide a an online consultation for free . We can help you. Let us be your advocate.